Monday, September 18, 2006

Overbooked

I know I'm overly busy when we blow off most of school for three days straight. (Oh, wait, there was that hour of philosophical discussion about trigonometry last night.) I canceled an all-day meeting tomorrow, and am looking for more things to cancel yet this month. The plan (!) was to spend today cleaning because we've ignored the floors and dust for so long. Of course, the dust doesn't bother me much. It's the lost items under the stacks of books and piles of papers, and the socks hiding behind the lego bucket. I mean, c'mon, when you've got to kill a fly, and you know there are two fly-swatters in that very same room, and you can't find either one of them, it's really time to straighten the house! We didn't read aloud today, we didn't fix meals today, and we didn't do the Monday errands today. I hope the catching-up work we did is enough that we can finish the rest of it by lunch tomorrow.

Every time I think of getting a paying job and how much we need for me to have a real income, I think of how a month like this is going. I think of how many days it takes for me to get ready to be gone from home one day, and how many days it takes to recuperate. A four-hour project is definitely an all-day project. One day away from home consumes three full days. What would happen if I had to be gone 10 hours a day, five days a week? Eeks!

Maybe we'll recuperate from the Busy Month with a nice posts-surgery convalescence for Mag, reading aloud, watching too much tv, and not running around like crazy people.

No comments:

Post a Comment