Thursday, June 27, 2013

Surely He Won't Go to Hell? (part 2)

"So my friend is gay.  He's a really nice guy, and he goes to church and reads his Bible and everything.  Surely God won't send him to hell just because he's a homosexual?"

No.

Somebody said this was a hard question to answer.  Doesn't seem hard to me.  The answer is "no."

Do we or do we not believe that the blood of Jesus, shed on the cross, forgives the sins of the whole world?

God "sends people to hell" because they refuse to have Him.  He forgives.  He loves.  He reaches out to rescue people.  But some people refuse it. 

It's got nothing to do with "how bad they are" or whether they're pretty good people overall.  

"On my own I am worthy of all sorts of trouble in this life and eventual damnation.  There is nothing nothing nothing I can offer God to make Him like me or approve of me."  "Jesus is my righteousness, my hope, my life, my sanctification, my salvation.  Everything He is, He gives to me, and I am pure and holy in Him."

Heaven or hell?  It's not about the kind of sins or the quantity of sins you commit.  It's about whether you are in Christ.  Repentant faith clings to Him.



That said, it is true that those who are
in Christ will not "continue in sin that
grace may abound."  And God's word
does say something about homosexuality.

No comments:

Post a Comment