Sunday, June 10, 2012

If I Had a Car

Gary's at district convention.  Kids are at a pool party.  If I had a car, I'd be getting a second dose of what I had Friday afternoon: I'd be at the beach doing NOTHING.

During a week of family reunion, I enjoyed talking with cousins and Mom, playing with kiddoes, trivia night, and my first exposure to Bunko.  It wasn't until the last day, though, that I did NOTHING.  A couple of hours with nothing to cook, nothing to do, just sitting in the sun or floating in the pool.  A few hours of listening to birdies tweet, with the sun beating down on me, floating floating floating ... I haven't felt so mellow in a long long time.  It's refreshing! 

And I'm definitely up for ditching my responsibilities and having another go at NOTHINGness.  But my car did not behave so well on the trip home from the reunion.  Thankfully, we made it home (albeit with only two stops) without roadside assistance and without anyone wetting her pants.  Well, actually, we didn't make it all the way home.  We made it to my mechanic's shop.  We'll find out the car's diagnosis tomorrow morning.

In theory, if I tackle enough housework, yardwork, and laundry today, maybe we could manage some beach time when I have my car back.  (So have I fooled you into thinking I'll actually be that productive?  I can't quite convince myself of it either.)

No comments:

Post a Comment