Monday, February 13, 2012

Exercise?

After reading Katie's blogpost the other day, extolling how much better she feels when she exercises, I remembered. I remembered what it was like before I started. I remembered what it was like when I had the energy to run two or three or five miles whenever I wanted. I remembered how my stamina waned when I had to stop the jogging. I keep trying to armtwist myself into returning to my exercise regimen, but there's just not the time for it. Today I woke up and figured that 10 minutes was better than nothing. (Right? Isn't it? I'm the queen of "if I can't do it perfectly, why bother doing it at all?" So I am insisting to myself that 10 minutes four or five times a week is better than nothing. I'm not sure I believe it, but it makes logical sense....)

Anyway, in the 60 minutes that passed from the time my little eyelids first fluttered open, I said my prayers, bundled up to go outside, jogged/walked a mile, returned home, showered, and dressed. Not bad. I don't think I can pull it off on days I open at work, but most days, this should be doable. Maggie too got up, exercised, showered, and dressed, all in time to leave for chapel. We both noticed how much quicker our minds woke up today.

Of course, by early evening we were yawning uncontrollably.

We'll work on that.

No comments:

Post a Comment