Friday, July 09, 2010

The Motivation for Daily Activities

Bread rising.
Library not open yet, so time to kill before running errands.
Hmmm... how about a little more weeding in the vegetable garden?
Errands include picking up a book for homeschooling and buying more caulk for the driveway.

Suddenly I think to myself about some of my Christian friends who aspire to be "a real Proverbs 31 woman." An outsider might think my list of tasks today were nobly motivated as I strive to live the Proverbs-31 lifestyle.

Ha! Those folks don't know a frugal-minded cheapskate when they see one. A woman who makes bread and gardens does so to keep from spending so much money at the grocery store. A woman who repairs her own driveway does so because she can't afford to pay the businessman. Not only can this woman not afford tuition for her kids' school, but she doesn't even want to pay for schoolbook and thus borrows as much as possible from the library.

Things are not always what they appear to be.
I wonder what other miserly activities I will engage in today? :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment