Saturday, November 14, 2009

What Now?

There's an odd "lost" sort of laziness that overwhelms when a person's been running around crazily for far too long, trying to accomplish only what is most urgent, and then things settle down a bit. All those important things that you've been putting off --because something else was more urgent-- can now be tackled. But for years you've been teaching yourself to make those important things into a lower priority. And now what? I don't have the will or the energy to tackle what I ought. But I also know I shouldn't take up a new project that will give me an excuse to dawdle on the things I ought to be doing.

I need to learn to not freak out about having some time occasionally to rest or play ... or even to work on some of those jobs that should've been done a year ago but that we could live without.

2 comments:

  1. I hear you. No great solution here. Perhaps we should make one goal for the year and then......maybe we will get it done and be able to say we met our goals. Har har.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can relate to much of what you say in this post. I'm also having a hard time doing what must be done because I'm distracted by all the wonderful books I keep bringing home from the library! You weren't kidding when you said it was a great library. Good thing I live within walking distance as I'm limited to checking out only as much as I can carry back up the hill. Problem is, I keep going back for more :)

    ReplyDelete