Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Today's Laugh

Henry is seated next to Bob on an airplane. Bob leans over to Henry and asks if he wants to play a fun game. Henry just wants to sleep, so he politely declines, turns away, and tries to sleep.

Bob persists and explains that it is a really easy game. He says, "I ask a question and if you don't know the answer, you pay me $5. Then you ask me a question, and if I don't know the answer, I'll pay you $5."

Again, Henry politely declines and tried to sleep.

Bob, now somewhat agitated, says, "Okay, if you don't know the answer, you pay me $5, and if I don't know the answer, I pay you $50!"

Now, that got Henry's attention, so he agrees to the game.

Bob asks the first question. "What's the distance from the earth to the moon?" Henry doesn't say a word but reaches for his wallet instead and hands Bob $5.

Now it is Henry's turn. He asks Bob, "What goes up a hill with three legs and comes down on four?"

Bob looks at him with a puzzled expression, takes out his notebook computer, and looks through all his references. After about half an hour, he wakes Henry and hands him $50. Henry politely takes the $50, turns away, and tries to return to sleep.

Bob is a little miffed. He asks, "Well, what's the answer to the question?"

Without a word, Henry reaches into his wallet, hands $5 to Bob, turns away and returns to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment