Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Today's Laugh

Three contractors happened to be visiting a tourist attraction on the same day. One was from New York, another from Texas, and the third from Florida. At the end of the tour, the guard was asking the men what they did for a living. When they all replied that they were contractors, the guard pointed out the back door. "We need one of the rear fences repaired. As long as you're here, why don't you guys take a look at the problem and give me a bid?" So they all headed out to the back fence.

The Florida contractor took out his tape measure and pencil, did a little measuring and some figuring, and announced, "I can do the job for $900. $400 for materials, $400 for my crew, and $100 profit for myself."

Next was the Texas contractor. He too took out his tape measure and a pencil, did some quick calculations, and said, "I'm putting in a bid for $700. That's $300 for materials, $300 for my employees, and $100 profit for me."

Without so much as moving, the New York contractor said, "I'll do the job for $2700."

"TWENTY-SEVEN HUNDRED???" the guard asked. "You didn't even measure like the other guys. How did you come up with such a high figure?"

"Oh, that's easy," said the New Yorker. "$1000 for me, $1000 for you, and we hire the guy from Texas."



Of course, it would be funnier if it didn't happen so often in real life just that way....

No comments:

Post a Comment