Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Deck Work

It's very hard to stain the naked deck (where Gary just turned all the boards over because the top side was so very weather-worn) when the forecast tells us that it will rain daily or every other day. And even on the days it doesn't rain, the grass is drenched with dew each morning. Not good weather for staining a deck.

Somebody drove up slowly to our house today and snapped a picture. I don't like it that complete strangers are taking pictures of us. I would be really freaked out, but I'm trying to convince myself that it's just some realtor. I know when we were buying, our realtor could show us examples of similar-sized houses nearby that had sold, and what the prices were, so that we could evaluate property values and what to expect to pay. So maybe that's all this was. I hope. My mind can construct pretty scary scenarios out of strangers taking pictures of us....

2 comments:

  1. Probably an appraiser. They need to take pictures of recently sold properties for comps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We've had the same problem with a deck. We cleaned dirt, mold, and spots of loose paint off out deck with a pressure washer and now have to wait for drier weather before we can do any re-painting.

    ReplyDelete