Thursday, June 12, 2008

Birkenstocks

Last time I bought shoes, I discovered that Birkenstock makes a high-arch variety. There's not much choice in type of sandal: just the Arizona and the Florida styles. The store where I shopped had the shoes available in only one color. The high-arch sandals are a little more expensive than regular Birkenstocks. The salesman told me that most people don't need (and shouldn't get) the ultra-high arches. I did anyway.

And now I have happy feet. Due to a very wet incident in the backyard with a hose recently, I ended up wearing a pair of old Birkenstocks for a day while my current pair dried. The old ones seem so very flat in comparison. And although my feet were not pained to be wearing them, I could definitely tell the difference in comfort level.

So for those of you who are Birkie-lovers in an attempt to avoid buying orthotic devices -- as opposed to y'all who love your Birkenstocks just because they're so darn comfortable -- you might want to investigate the "high arch footbed" which the company says is their "highest, most aggressive arch support."

1 comment:

  1. My dd24, who sells Birkenstocks, tells me that many of her customers were able to give up their orthotics once they began wearing those Birkenstocks, or sometimes one of the other high-end, high-comfort brands she sells.

    She was a Chuck-Taylor addict for years. But now that she is required to wear Birkies, etc. at work, she is finding that her feet don't like the lack of support in the Chucks, and she can't wear them for long. I told her that years ago, but you know how it is....

    ReplyDelete