Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Palmolive

My finger hurts. (Waaah waaaah waaaah.)
For a few years I was struggling with a rash on my right hand that hurt and would get so bad that it would bleed. In the last few months I got it under control. I wasn't sure whether it was the Burt's Bees lotion or the Melaleuca Renew lotion or the Palmolive dish soap or the escape from fungus-house. But doing dishes twice (TWICE... only twice!) away on vacation, with soap that's not Palmolive (and what we have here isn't even Dawn!) and the pain is back, the itch is back, the welts are back.

I think the guys are doing the dishes for the rest of this week.
I think I'm going to be freely using my bottle of Renew.
And I think Palmolive just gained one very loyal customer.

3 comments:

  1. How's the vacation going?

    ...did you hear about the rains and the flooding? I hope your basement is okay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I talked to Joe on Sunday, and he said the basement is dry as can be. But I haven't talked to him since, and worry a little. I just keep telling myself to ignore it because there's nothing I can really do about it anyway. Did you want to drive out and check on the house? Maybe I should call you?

    You and Katie have been very much missed. People are asking about you and how things are going.

    As for how vacation is going -- fun. And too little sleep because too many people that I want to talk to and play games with!

    I hope Thursday goes superbly for Matt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My Momma has used Palmolive for over 20 years (a.k.a. ever since I can remember, it could be she has used it for 40 or more, I've never asked) in spite of intense frugal spending. Perhaps that's why, I'll have to ask sometime.

    ReplyDelete