Friday, May 02, 2008

Wasted

Housing is hard to come by at the local public university. We put down a housing deposit for Paul early last winter, knowing that he stood no chance of getting a dorm room if we didn't, and knowing also that we could (on the off-chance he decided to attend a different college) get the deposit back.

I was sure I had put a note on the calendar for the third week of April to make sure we didn't need the housing deposit refunded.

But I hadn't. And Paul is pretty well settled on Bethany College. Today I remembered that the deadline for retrieving that dorm-deposit was sometime at the start of May. We checked. Deadline was yesterday. It's too late. This is the most expensive forgetfulness I've committed in a long long time (and probably ever).

3 comments:

  1. Oh, Susan, I am so sorry. How frustrated you must be. I pray you will be able to forgive yourself this mistake and put it behind you as soon as possible (although I know that won't be easy). We all make mistakes, sometimes big and sometimes small, but when there's no going back the best thing to do is try to move on. I pray you can do so. And I pray that somehow, some way, that to-do list soon begins to seem a little less daunting and more surmountable and that until that time comes the One who never tires nor faints will bear you up as only He can.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just consider it a donation to the modern secular public education system.

    They need money to ya know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. did you see if by chance they'd make an exception and give it back to you. Sometimes if you're super nice to folks they just may have pity on you and be helpful. ;)

    ReplyDelete