Saturday, May 17, 2008

TV in the Kitchen?

I discovered something last night, and it may not be good for me! LOL!

About a month ago, we moved the computer into the breakfast nook so that the living room wouldn't be so crowded. Last night Gary invited me to sit down with him and watch a movie. Well, the poor little neglected balls of tortilla dough had been sitting for many hours, and it was high time they were pressed and browned. I knew that I'd be falling asleep by the end of the movie, so finishing the tortillas "later" wouldn't work.

Hey! What if we stuck the dvd into the computer and played it in the kitchen? I could watch with him and do tortillas, and then we could sit down in the living room together when I was done with the kitchen work. Ohhhhh, that worked well. I might have to figure out how to work this technology so I can pop a dvd into the machine all by myself!

And I'm betting that I can use the computer to listen to talk-radio online too. Maybe I won't need a radio in the kitchen after all....

4 comments:

  1. Computers! Aren't they wonderful sometimes! I hope you figure something out, it is nice to be able to listen to stuff while doing kitchen things. I-pods work for that too. We have a very open kitchen, living room, dining room apartment, so Paul can turn on the i-tunes in the living room and turn up the volume on the speakers and we are singing/dancing in the kitchen. It works really well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry, this doesn't have anything to do with having your tv in your kitchen.....although that is a neat find! I love my laptop so that I can look for a recipe and then use it right on my counter.

    I wanted to ask if you would share your granola recipe. I have read where you have mentioned making it before, but I did not find the recipe on your blog. Would you mind sharing? I would appreciate it! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My dream house would have an intercom system, hooked up to every room, that I could link to the computer so I could listen to streaming audio all over the house!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have found the i-pod to be the key to listening around the house! We bought a VERY enexpensive speaker system for the kitchen and my office. I LOVE IT! They were originally $70.00 at Wal-Mart and we got them on clearnace for 25.00!

    ReplyDelete