Sunday, March 02, 2008

Better Late than Early

Although it's the name of an education book (the philosophy of which I quite agree with!), that's not what I'm writing about here.

When you have an appointment with the cable guy at your new house, it would be better if he showed up late rather than early. We have been waiting for installation of the phone and internet at the new house. I made the appointment for the phone hook-up. A few days later I added the order for the internet. Both times the appointment was confirmed for 1:00-3:00. We arrived at the new house at 11:30, just to make sure. And he had already arrived, found us not there, and left.

Now we have to wait until Thursday before they can come back. I've heard this company has lousy customer service, and they can get by with it because they're the only cable-game in town. But still, it would be better if they were late rather than early. Then I would've been frustrated by the long wait, but at least I wouldn't have had to wait five days.

It makes me disgusted with myself how these little glitches can totally turn me into a basket case these days.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on the house!

    We had the same thing happen at our current place, the phone guy showed up hours before he was scheduled. We were lucky that I was able to get a supervisor to send him back that same day, though because he showed up before the time we agreed upon. I hope your move goes smoothly!

    ReplyDelete