Tuesday, July 17, 2007

I Hate Shopping

I'm not coping well.

It's gotten so I hate going to town to do the errands. Yesterday was errand day. I managed to blow it off. Of course, that means I had to do it today. But today I just couldn't bear the thought of 4-5 hours of errands and shopping. So I blew it off again. I took the kids to Pizza Hut for lunch. (Going to a restaurant for no reason? That's unusual enough that Paul threatened to call the police and have them arrest me and demand information on where the real mother is.) Then I let Andrew pick up an item for a new Belegarth sword while I picked up a little fruit at Aldi.

I had intended to blow off more of the afternoon by going to the arboretum and sitting by the lake, reading to the kids and doing some fun stuff for me while Paul took photographs. Maggie wasn't keen on it because that lake doesn't have swimming. Paul decided to work on his pictures on the computer. So I did a little housecleaning and laundry. But I spent the day looking forward to blowing off the evening at the beach.

We got to the beach only to be disappointed that the rules had changed. They used to charge entry fee until 6:00. Then a couple of years ago, they changed it to 7:00. We got there tonight (first time to the beach this summer) and the gate is now monitored until 9:00. So much for that. Pretty disappointing. Maggie's wondering if we can buy a pool for the backyard now....

2 comments:

  1. Sounds to me like you need to break up your routine some, and spend more time relaxing.

    BTW, I also hate shopping; the other side of my town has every store known to man, and the whole area is crawling with people. Sometimes my dh goes because I just can't make myself :0

    Hope tomorrow is a better day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good idea to break up that routine. Like with an HT conference next week! HT conferences aren't what I'd call 'relaxing', but they are a great in other ways.

    Think: no errands; lots of choir singing, Susan.

    ReplyDelete