Sunday, April 29, 2007

It Figures

About ten years ago, Gary convinced me to try to do some writing and make some money off of it. I researched some possibilities and sent in some things. They liked what I sent, but the rules had changed and they were no longer paying for such things.

About eight years ago, I sent in a tiny little story (a joke) to a big, well-known secular magazine that many of you subscribe(d) to. They printed it. I never received the check.

The next time I was urged to try to make some money writing, I sent in a story to a magazine. The editor responded that she loved it, but the rules had changed and they no longer printed short articles.

The next time the bug bit, my article was accepted. The going rate was about $50-100 per article. The payment never arrived. When I looked up the information on whom to contact about it, I saw that (beginning with the issue in which my article was printed) they no longer pay the authors of the articles.

I think God wants me to work at Burger King. He doesn't seem keen on the idea that anyone would hand me money for writing, regardless of what my husband thinks.

1 comment:

  1. I still think that your husband is right. Someone should be paying you to write.

    ReplyDelete