Monday, April 30, 2007

But I Had Plans!

It's nice when children take initiative. It's nice when somebody (who's not me!) decides to clean. It's nice to declutter.

But I had other plans today.

A very helpful and industrious child decided to do some closet cleaning. That would've been great, except he doesn't have the authority to start pitching items into the dumpster, so he had to consult with me about it. Argh -- that takes brain cells! And he wanted to move some things around. That also required consulting with the mother-person, seeing as how she would go looking for items that had been hidden moved and get frustrated later. (HA! Who's she fooling? Just because she knows at this moment THAT those things have been moved and WHERE they've been moved to, has NOTHING to do with the reality that she will not remember this stuff three days from now!)

So a lot of schoolwork got put on hold today, and so did a lot of other projects. My brain can only handle so much decision-making and thinking in one day. And I wasn't even prepped up and geared for dumpster-decisions. Those questions caught me totally off-guard, so they required twice the depth of thought. My thinker is pooped, and we haven't even picked up the physics book yet today.

But two closets are cleaned and organized, and the dumpster was fed a feast of junk.

No comments:

Post a Comment