Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Shopping Today

Looking for something as exciting as Benedryl and jogging shoes today, we were in Shopko, Walmart, and Kohls. Oh my goodness....

It seems to me that when a shirt or dress or undergarment has its own figure, all by itself on the hanger, it can't be very healthy for a woman's body to wear. But when I saw those undergarments with their own figures in the little girls' department, that was something that made my eyes pop. C'mon, does ANYBODY think that padded training-bras with underwires belong on the shelf right next to the little undies made of cotton prints with kittens and Dora the Explorer? Good grief. What is wrong with us?

2 comments:

  1. I share your horror. My Sparkle Kitty, who is very petite, will soon grow out of the 4T sizes and into the dreaded 4-6x Little (Slutty) Girls sizes. ARGH. There are a few clothes manufacturers of decent little girls' clothes left, (Hanna Andersson & Land's End come to mind) but alas, they are VERY expensive. Sad when buying my kid boys' jeans will actually cover her bottom better... Oh, and try finding PLAIN t-shirts that don't say "Boy-crazy" or worse on them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elephantschild,

    If you have a Gymboree near you, head there. Most of their clothes are cute and conservative and wash well. I almost never buy their clothes at regular price, but usually wait for their sales (end of season mostly). The store near me has great sale prices. I have three girls and two boys. I have been able to hand down almost every item of clothing from Gymboree looking almost new after many washes and wears.

    My struggle now is that my older daughters who are 8 and 9 have outgrown the sizes offered by Gymboree and now I need to shop elsewhere. It seems all I see are belly shirts and low cut jeans not to mention the other very adult clothing hanging on the children's racks. Oy! I haven't even been able to find a decent church dress or skirt for them. I guess I'll have to relearn how to sew clothing.

    ReplyDelete