Saturday, November 11, 2006

Men Who Fix Things

My husband's radio was broken. He asked a repairman about fixing it. The value of the radio wasn't going to be worth the cost of repairs. But before tossing it, he checked out the inside of the equipment. All it needed was a little piece soldered. Our eldest son had learned to solder at work, so he fixed it, and now the radio gets a clear signal. Yee haw!

My washer decided to break yesterday. It would pump water out during the spin cycle, but not spin. I was going to be a very resourceful girl and use repairclinic.com to figure out the problem and solve it. So much for resourcefulness: it took nearly three hours just to take the machine apart enough to see what was going on inside. And for that I needed help because (dummy me) my injured hand isn't back to full use yet. Finally I got resourceful enough to call the local appliance dealer and ask if they did repairs. Gloriosky! They do! And they could come out the next morning. (That was the biggest shocker -- usually we have to wait at least a week for repairmen or deliveries way out here in the boonies. This incident is just one more incentive to look for businesses to patronize closer to home instead of over in the City.) Now I have an operative wash machine. Yee haw again!

On the way to town for paper route today, my youngest son remembered what I had pitifully failed to recall on my last 15 trips to town. He reminded me to take the route into town which avoided the detour. Yee haw once again! (Funny thing is, we got stopped on the road for a couple of minutes, just waiting, while the combine was filling the truck with corn, and both trucks were stopped next to each other, blocking the whole road. LOL!)

It's nice to be surrounded by helpful and competent men.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, that's too funny about the truck and the combine blocking the road! LOL!

    Hooray on your hubby's radio getting fixed and you getting your washing machine fixed. That was something else, them being able to get over to your house the next day. I'd make sure I had their name written down for any future repairs.

    ReplyDelete