Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Cleaning White Boards

My board was getting so bad that I was ready to go to Office Max and spring for the squirty bottle of cleaner. But the smallest one was $4 and I'm feeling cheap right now. When I read the label, I saw that the contents of the bottle were acetate and isopropyl. So I came home, got a shot glass, mixed a wee bit o' fingernail polish remover with a wee bit o' rubbing alchohol, rubbed it on the stains on my board, and it polished up white and beautiful. Whoa! That was cheap and quick and effective!

4 comments:

  1. My kitchen sports a large chalkboard, but I've been to 4 stores in the last week trying to buy more chalk - can't find it anywhere. Everything seems to be dry erase these days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Polly, Try the toy section -- sidewalk chalk comes in large and small sticks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea! I'll have to try that next time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Polly, I prefer wet-erase, but try to find those boards anywhere!

    I think Office Max has chalk, if there's one of those around. Walmart does too; it's in the art section here.

    ReplyDelete