Tuesday, October 10, 2006

The Power of the Packers

Driving home from errands today, I didn't even notice the sign at the smut house around the corner. I noticed that I didn't notice ["huh?!?" they say] because somebody turned into the driveway of the strip joint. When I have to slow down on the highway to avoid hitting one of those prurient jerks, I can't help but think "loser!"

The incident reminded me that last week I did notice the sign at the smut house. It was flashing (something the sign seldom does). It had huge bold letters, screaming at us, to try to draw in more customers. Usually the sign tells us when happy hour is, how many girls are dancing that night, whether the bar is serving hot wings or popcorn, important information like that. But last week, the humongous sign at the strip joint flashed:

Watch the Packers Game Here Tonight!

Somehow, I thought that said something about Wisconsin and their Packer mania.

No comments:

Post a Comment