Wednesday, October 23, 2013

To the Mall

This weekend a fantastic idea came to me about a few Christmas gifts.  So yesterday Maggie and I went to the mall to buy them. 

It felt weird.
I realized that I haven't been in a mall since we moved nearly six years ago.  (At least, I don't think so.)

In other matters, I began a craft project which will be a Christmas project.  I really want to do this.  It will be FUN.  And comforting.  But I'm also leery about what this will do to my time available for other projects.  You know -- "projects."  Like making supper.  Or reading schoolwork with Maggie.  Or doing house repairs.  Or doing laundry.  Or vacuuming.  "Projects."

One of those projects --cooking-- has been receiving more attention recently.  For so many months I've relegated cooking to the bare necessities: get some calories into us and wash the dishes.  I'm ready for some tasty food.  And man, oh man, the food here has been delicious the past week.  The refrigerator is full of awesome leftovers.  And I have a day ahead of cooking Soft Foods for someone who's having oral surgery tomorrow.  Tonight is chicken and dumplings.  And hotfresh bread.  Mmmm.

Also in other matters, we attended APT's Antony and Cleopatra this past weekend.  I wasn't impressed.  When we saw the play several years ago, it seemed more of a history.  This time it seemed to celebrate the immoral relationship between the title characters.  I wish we hadn't gone.  And I don't know that I've ever thought that before. 

Last week was the week-of-crazy.  All sorts of wonderful things to do.  Now it's catch-up time.  Back to my stove....


No comments:

Post a Comment