Wednesday, August 28, 2013

"I Don't Believe in God"

Tuesday, October 8, 6:30 pm
Fireside Lounge at UW--Milwaukee
Pastor Weedon

The topic is
Tell me about the God you don't believe in --
I probably don't believe in Him either.


Huh.
That's some title.
The more I think about it, the truer I find it to be.
It is rare for someone to reject the God I believe in; it's almost always that they reject a god who -- somehow someway -- is a god-of-merits instead of a God-of-grace.

What's weird is that even many Christians reject the God I believe in, preferring instead of god-of-merits. (But they wouldn't say "I don't believe in God.")

I hope we can finagle a way to attend the presentation.

1 comment:

  1. Oooh, if I'm still in town (Heaven forbid) maybe I'll console myself by meeting you there!

    ReplyDelete