Sunday, July 21, 2013

Unripe Avocado

Again?  We cut into an avocado, expecting to add deliciousness to a sandwich, and it wasn't ripe enough.  Let's get real -- it wasn't ripe at all.  When it happened last month, I chafed at putting a whole avocado into the garbage.  So when it happened again this month, I didn't want to waste another one. Time to start a google-hunt.

I decided to try an avocado hair mask.

Because the fruit wasn't ripe, I let it sit for several days.  I don't have the foggiest idea why it didn't mold.  But it didn't.  At least, not this time.  The cut edges dried.  The middle under the dried edges continued to ripen somewhat.  Eventually, I followed online instructions to mash/puree the avocado with olive oil, smoosh it through my hair, cover it with a shower cap, heat it with a blow-dryer for a couple of minutes, and then let it sit for an hour.  I washed my hair.  The next morning I rinsed it thoroughly again with plain water and let it dry.

And today I have sproingy-boingy soft curls instead of slight waves.  Nice!

1 comment:

  1. I thought your curls looked extra curly this morning.

    ReplyDelete