Saturday, June 08, 2013

Longevity of Homemade Soap

One bar of Yardley soap came into our house as a party favor from a baby shower.  (Isn't that the cutest idea?!  Soap for a shower!!)  As Maggie and I tend to develop rashes when using store-soap, we looked up the ingredients online.  Yardley is real soap.  And it smells fabulous.  We used it without any negative reactions.  Woo hoo! 

Maybe I wouldn't have to keep making soap after all.  Granted, it's pricey soap.  But it would save me the trouble of making my own. 

And then it disappeared.  It took nine days for that four-ounce bar of soap to be used up.  That seemed unreasonably fast.  So I timed the longevity of my next bar of homemade.  A five-ounce bar lasted 25 days.  That means the el-cheapo homemade also lasts twice as long as store-soap.

I guess I'll keep making soap.

1 comment:

  1. Hey....it only cost a dollar at the Dollar Store. Do you keep it out of the water stream? That seems to help. Got to run...

    ReplyDelete