Monday, November 07, 2011

The Trouble with Angels

Gary found the movie The Trouble with Angels available on Netflix instant-play. I was working in the kitchen and overhearing bits and pieces of this story from the mid-60s. Pretty soon, I was drawn to sit down with him and watch. The basic story is a couple of somewhat troublesome girls attending a Catholic boarding school. What a great movie! Funny. Sweet. Not offensive in any way, shape, or form. It even included a theme about giving oneself to others. But primarily it was just plain funny! Definitely worth watching!

This one is something my mom would freely enjoy if it showed up at the library or a video store. And if you're a person with munchkins, don't let the PG rating throw you off. All we could figure was that a scene with the girls hiding and smoking cigars bumped the movie from a G to a PG.

If you liked Beverly Cleary's Ramona, you'll like this.

3 comments:

  1. This was one of my favorite movies when I was a child. Did you know that there is a sequel? It was called "Where Angels Go Trouble Follows." At that time, I didn't enjoy it as much as the original.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karen, I wondered about watching the sequel. The reviews on Netflix, though, sounded like it would be a disappointment (as most sequels are).

    ReplyDelete
  3. The sequel is a disappointment. I own both of them, but "The Trouble with Angels" is one of my all-time favorites.

    ReplyDelete