Monday, July 04, 2011

Sprinklers

Why does it take 10-15 minutes to turn on the sprinkler? It should take 10-15 seconds. Short of buying a new sprinkler every spring and another new one every July/August, what does a person have to do to have a sprinkler that operates the way it's supposed to? I'd be happy to pay $100 or more for a sprinkler if I knew that it would actually work correctly for 5-10 years or more. I've tried expensive ones, cheap ones, rotating ones, oscillating ones. Nothing seems to work (after the first month, that is) without extensive finagling.

I keep trying to tell myself that the little frustrating machine is a time-saver. If I spend 15 minutes trying to set the sprinkler on a section of garden, and then let it run for 45 minutes, that's still half an hour that I wasn't standing there wielding the hose myself, half an hour of other chores I've done while the machine is watering the garden. That's a good thing, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment