Tuesday, September 07, 2010

"My Father's Business"

Our Bible story today was about the boy Jesus in the temple. When Mary and Joseph found him after three days of searching and worrying, they asked what on earth He thought He was doing. He answered, "I must be about My Father's business." I betcha you, like me, have always heard that He meant He had to be busy hearing and speaking God's word.

But this morning, Pastor made the point that He was also "about Joseph's business." Joseph and Mary had been teaching their children God's word, teaching them to pray, teaching them to worship, teaching them to listen to the promises of the Lord. So when Jesus is in the temple doing that, it's not just the Father's business but also His father's business.

Oh, blest the parents who give heed
unto their children's foremost need
and weary not of care nor cost.
May none to them and heaven be lost!

No comments:

Post a Comment