Monday, September 21, 2009

Cinnamon Everywhere

Can a person have taste-bud hallucinations?

For the last year or so, I've been tasting cinnamon in Snickers. Never tasted it there before. Assumed they'd changed the recipe slightly.

Then I started tasting cinnamon in chocolate chip cookies. And I don't mean other people's choc-chip cookies, where somebody might've put a pinch in the dough. I mean my choc-chip cookies, that I baked, where I know there is no cinnamon.

And this morning I tasted cinnamon in the granola. The granola that I made. The granola that has no cinnamon.

At least I'm hallucinating cinnamon and not liver or kale.

5 comments:

  1. I'm tasting peanut butter in our yellow tomatoes from the garden...and not just once, every time I eat them...must be hormonal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cinnamon does lower your blood sugar!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, Pam, I like the idea that it's hormonal and not delusional!

    Ewe, will imaginary cinnamon lower my blood sugar, or does it just affect my imaginary blood?

    ReplyDelete
  4. In my imagination, I eat whatever I want and I don't feel sick ever. I don't think it counts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. In my old apartment, I used to smell maple syrup every once in a while, randomly. No one else would smell it, but I haven't smelled it anywhere else either. So weird. Especially since I have almost no sense of smell!

    ReplyDelete