Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Neti Problem?

Grossness warning --
beep
beep
beep

You have been warned ...


With ragweed season upon us, it's taking forever for me to use the neti pot because my head is stuffy, and the saline leaks through slowly instead of flowing through my sinus cavity. Sometimes it leaks out my tear ducts. Rachel talked about that once and I about barfed.

Last night I noticed pink eye. (I slept with garlic taped to my eyelids, and the pink eye has improved dramatically.) I am wondering if having some of the water from the neti pot exit via the tear ducts is giving me the pink eye. Yuck yuck yuck!

4 comments:

  1. Ragweed! ARGH! No wonder I was slamming the windows and putting on the A/C yesterday. I felt like a criminal doing so, but my eyes were streaming so badly I couldn't see, and I was close to fracturing neck vertebrae from all the sneezing.

    I always forget that late August is ragweed season and that I'm WILDLY allergic to it.

    Time to haul out my own drowning pot...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Huh, that is a good point. I've been having a problem with stuffy nose and neti pots too (not every pink-eye instance though).
    Most of the time the neti pot just gives me a sore throat because all the water runs out my nose and back into my throat.
    For something that works so well, it sure is gross.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now there's a picture...my friend with garlic taped to her eyelids. I might just smile nest time I see you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. My husband uses a Grossan irrigator rather than a neti pot but he has observed the same thing (about the water not flowing freely). More gross out: sometimes it gets stuck in his sinus cavity and doesn't leak out until later when he's walking around--at dinner, at work, etc.

    Cheryl, who should do nasal irrigation but doesn't, not because I am scared or grossed out but because it's ANOTHER THING TO DO

    ReplyDelete