Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Moving Day

This is Katie's birthday this year:


Their home in Fort Wayne:

The moving truck:


Andrew and Paul loading the mattress:


Helpers galore! Thank you so much to the Rhein crew (which also included a Grobien and a Harrison) and to the Casey crew. I can't imagine how much longer it would have taken (and how much achier and sorer we would've been) without your help.
In light of the helpers we had, I was amused by a post recently by Pr Weedon about breaking out into song. I had "Jesus, Thy Boundless Love to Me" stuck in my head. Then I noticed Sarah was singing it too. And then it spread. Funny to be walking in and out of the apartment to the parking lot, and meeting different segments of the song in various spots, but if we'd been gathered all in one location, we were all on the same words at the same time, like a choir. Of course, we didn't just sing Gerhardt. There was a copious amount of Rodgers and Hammerstein's Cinderella in there too.

Almost done. Nothing to carry. Just the last few pieces to finagle into their places.


Not much of a chance to celebrate their wedding anniversary, in amongst all the moving boxes. So Nathan bought Katie flowers. Aren't they pretty?!!


Some snacks for Nathan to eat in the truck.

(Notice the empty lawn chairs in the background? They weren't empty for most of the day. The 70ish neighbor fellow watched us as we moved the kids in a couple of years ago. And he sat on his patio and watched us load up the truck again for moving out. He reminded me of Dad.)

We want calories! We want calories! We want calories!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing these neat pictures! Yes, Dad would have loved to pull up a chair and watch. Maybe even visit a spell.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup. The fella next door seemed awfully nice to me. Visited and chatted with me a bit, both on moving-in and moving-out day. I don't know how much contact he had with the kids while they lived there, but I liked my first impressions of him.

    ReplyDelete