Sunday, June 21, 2009

June 17, 2010

Just to make sure people aren't getting their hopes up...

I am not anticipating that a Thursday night supper and/or party at my house will be a regular part of what my family does during symposium week. When we were in the parsonage, it didn't phase me in the least to invite 25-60 people over for a day. There was more room. This week we had 17 people over in addition to the people who were sleeping here, and the house was plenty full even though most of the people spent most of the evening on the deck. In this smaller home, it would be impossible for us to invite everybody we'd like to have.

3 comments:

  1. ::scribbles in calendar:: So, can I sleep in your garage?

    (Just kidding.) *IF* I finally am able to scrape together the registration fee, I'll find *somewhere* to invite myself over to. It's not like I don't know anyone else in the area!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm. I haven't thought about putting kids in the GARAGE yet.

    So far, the only guests we've had have been "my" kids. Katie and Alia. Philip. One kid borrowed from pastor. Sandy's kids. One of Jane's. We had to get up pretty early to run people through the shower and still leave for the hotel at 6:15 on Thursday and 7:15 on Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So you did have a party. And I missed it because I was too incompetent to find the church (or more accurately, too incompetent to find the church on time and without getting pulled over by a Sussex police officer and having a crying jag in the parking lot before throwing in the towel and going back to my overnight lodging.) So since I was supposed to be there and I wasn't, that means that next year I can come over even if no one else can, right? :-)

    ReplyDelete