Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Baking

Thanks to recommendations from several homeschooling friends, we found a place to order appliance parts online with advice on installing them. Gary took apart the stove on Saturday so that we made sure we were ordering the correct part. I had it next-day-aired, so it arrived today. Paul installed it this morning and put the stove back together. And now we have a fully operative oven, at less than half the price we were quoted by our favorite local repairman.

We ate cornbread for lunch.
We'll eat pizza for supper.
I like having appliances that work!

I am impressed with my manly guys who can fix things for me!

2 comments:

  1. How awful to be without an oven, and how nice to have handy men around the house. Are you taking this stove with you to the new house, or does it stay? I miss my old oven :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. It stays. This one runs on propane gas, and the new place has natural gas.

    ReplyDelete