Tuesday, March 13, 2007

A House Someday

There was discussion about the housing market at the dinner table. Daddy makes a comment that there is no way Mommy & Daddy will ever be able to afford a house, should disability shove us into retirement rather than "dying with our boots on." Daddy mentions Mrs Benke from his first congregation. She and the siblings all went together to buy Mom & Dad a home after Dad retired and moved out of the parsonage. When the home was no longer needed, the kids sold it. Daddy mentions that our kids will have to buy us a house if we should ever need one.

Twelve-yr-old responds, "WHAT??? I can't buy you a house! I'm saving my money for a radio."

Laughter ensues.

"I mean, a good one. A radio that plays CDs and tapes. I can't buy you a house!"

And so goes the communication around this place.....

1 comment: