Monday, January 15, 2007

Snow

Children were ecstatic when they went to bed last night, anticipating the snowfall they'd find in the morning. Our last snow was December 1. Our topmost snow-lover "couldn't" go out and play in it because he'd seriously outgrown his snowpants. Having received snowpants as a Christmas gift, he's been itchin' to break 'em in. Another little snow-lover was told by her cardiologist that "playing in the snow" for a few weeks must be confined to throwing snowballs at trees or other targets: no snowball fights, no sliding or sledding, no making angels, and definitely no snowmen! So she's been itchin' to get out in a real snowfall too.

So why have they no incentive to go outdoors this afternoon? Was shoveling the walks this morning enough snow-time? Maybe they're getting old and grown-up and boring like me.

I gotta admit, though, I am so glad I'm not trying to make my way to Fort Wayne today on these messy, slippery roads. But we sure are hoping all our loved ones and buddies make it there safely.

1 comment:

  1. I hear you there about the snow. We just keep getting more and more as you saw by the pictures on my blog. Our bus driver said today if it snows one more time he may not be able to bring the bus in anymore and that I would have to take the boys out to the highway. We live right off the highway so we can walk but the problem with that is is the (thinking not nice things right now) people that do not stop for the bus. I and the bus driver are scared that if we do have to go to the highway is that someone will hit the boys. I guess we'll have to have faith that the snow in the future will not affect the bus coming into the yard.

    Upside, the boys love the huge piles of snow that the plows have left for them.

    ReplyDelete