Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Mice

What does this cat think her job IS, anyway???

Christmas Eve, my husband thought he heard a noise in the basement, but dismissed it. The next day, I went downstairs to get something and found a canning jar busted on the concrete floor. Closer examination proved that a mouse had been on that shelf and just bumped the glass jar far enough that gravity took over.

Creatures who leave poop on my shelves should die. (Exemptions made for human creatures who are having diaper issues.) Traps were set. Mousie got away with the snack on the first night. He died the second night. Traps have caught nothing since, and there have been no signs of any more blasted critters.

Yesterday I was doing paperwork for taxes and medical records. When I opened the bottom drawer of the file cabinet (next to the shelves where mousie bit the dust) I found a huge messy nest. I screamed. I hate it when they start eating my insurance policies and the car-repair receipts. But not only that, the little monsters shred the tabs on the file folders so that you can't find the correct folder to put things away. Highly inconvenient.

At least they haven't resorted to an "upstairs apartment" in the file cabinet, where they could be eating tax forms and receipts I need for the IRS!

1 comment:

  1. So I can blame my horrid disorganization on MICE?? What a relief!!

    ;-) I'm hopeless......

    ReplyDelete