Saturday, December 23, 2006

Welcome to the Family?

Shame on me.... telling funny, embarrassing tales on my nephew.

A bunch of my Illinois family was here yesterday and today, celebrating Christmas and visiting. After supper was all cleaned up, Nathan (my good buddy and now also my son-in-law) and I went to town to do my paper route. While we were gone, one of the boys was given the job of passing out gift-envelopes from Grandpa and Grandma. When we got home, my nephew comes up to me and Nathan and hands us our envelopes.

Josh says to Nathan, "I'm not sure why you get one of these."

Nathan was sitting near Matt (the boyfriend of my other daughter) and noticed that Matt had an envelope from my folks too. So Nathan pointed this out to Joshua.

Joshua responded, "Well, HE's Rachel's boyfriend."

Nathan pointed out that he was Katie's husband.

"Yeah. So?"

Apparently, Matt's popularity with the little kids counts for more than wedding rings and a marriage license and God's pronouncement. LOL! My mom says that we're stuck with Matt now, because the cousin's have no intention of letting him go. Matt is as popular with the kids as is my cousin Eric -- and that is no small feat.

Well, I guess I'm about as popular with the kids as Nathan is. Maybe that's why he and I are such good friends. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment