Friday, July 10, 2015

Stuff

I've been making phone calls. 
I have an appointment for a haircut.
The car has an appointment for maintenance. 
I have a clue where to go next to request help in job training for Maggie and in obtaining health insurance for her as an adult.
We have an appointment to see the immunologist again, hoping to forestall another winter of pneumonia and other illness for Maggie.
I need to take care of some paperwork following up on Mom's death.
I sorted out the "I can't find anything" situation in the freezer.
I figured out the problem with the refrigerator-puddles and did a quasi-fix.  The real fix will require a much emptier refrigerator so that it can sit unplugged for a couple of days.

The birds think they shouldn't have to share the wild black-raspberries with me.  Ha -- I am bigger than the birds, and I scare them more than they scare me.

Grape vines are crawling all over the ground.  So are the tomatoes that came up "volunteer" in the plot of yard Formerly Known As Garden.  Staking things up would be a good plan.

I'm still recuperating from overdoing in April, May, and June.  I made a meal yesterday and today -- huge step forward!  I can even foresee a day when I might be able to help with the housecleaning instead of foisting the job on my daughters ... as long as I don't try anything big (like a trip ... which must be made regardless ...)

How does a person decide what they want from their parents' house?  So many memories.  So many items that could replace what we've picked up at Goodwill.  On the other hand, that may involve more shuffling work than we can invest right now.  I keep teetering back and forth between "but I'd like it" and "I could surely use it" versus "we don't need it" and "we should be downsizing, not adding."

Another 3-6 weeks before new grandbaby arrives.

There's so much paper to shred that I am tempted to sign up for paperless statements everywhere.  But having everything dependent on the computer scares me.  What happens if the machine crashes?

That's all for now.  It's past bedtime.   :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment