Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Recent Days

Holy Week: church, job, sleep, and working on the bridesmaid dress.  That was about it.

After making adjustments to the pattern and cutting out the pieces for a trial dress, I found my pattern was way off.  So I remade the bodice pattern and, luckily, had enough spare fabric to remake the main pieces of the bodice.  That didn't work either; the dress fits me pretty decently, which means it is five sizes off.   In frustration, I set it aside for a few days.

And then I coughed.  A lot.  And missed out on enjoying the pleasure of the kids' visits.  But hey, I could nevertheless sing for Good Friday and Easter, even with some coughs. Gary and Katie prepared and cleaned up Easter dinner.  I was so thankful!  During the afternoon I developed a fever and had to sleep away much of the day. 

Today was trial-bodice #3 for for the bridesmaid dress.  Much closer to actually fitting Maggie!  Pattern #4 was created this evening.  I hope to piece another test-bodice together tomorrow.  If there's success (??) I can hit up the fabric store to make a complete trial-dress that will be wearable instead of just something to test the size.

You know what?  Sewing is a breeze when all you have to do is follow the pattern and make a few adjustments for length or something simple.

No comments:

Post a Comment