Sunday, November 24, 2013

"Blessed Are the Barren"

Luke 23: The days are coming in which they will say, "Blessed are the barren, wombs which never bore, and breasts which never nursed." 

I had always thought that was, well, you know, something the Bible said.  But it's not.  It's just something Jesus reports that "they" say.  Duh -- how come I never saw it until Pastor pointed it out today?  That's something the unbelievers say.  Not Christians.  And certainly not something God says. 

"Better to not have babies" is the response of the hopeless and the despairing.


1 comment:

  1. I was going to post something similar because I reread this verse a couple of times today during church before I "got" what you posted here. My ears seem to perk up now during church when I hear verses about mothers and/or barren.

    When we lived in MN and I sat at the pro life booth at the fair a man came to the booth with very different views than mine. I finally asked him what if his mother would have chosen abortion instead of life for him. He replied honestly that would have been fine-it would not have been meant for him to live! So yes, the days have come/are coming when people say this and they say it truly meaning it. It is so sad.

    ReplyDelete