Sunday, August 11, 2013

Prayer Walk for Peace

Re-enactment weekend at a nearby park.  From Greek Hoplites to Roman warriors to medieval Scots to fur traders to colonial America to War of 1812 to Civil War to WWII.   Great stuff!

One of the re-enactors was a Native American.  While helping kids do some beading, she was telling me about her recent mission trip to Russia for a prayer walk.  She was telling me how the trip was designed to help cultures understand one another, so that the cultural divide between eastern Russia and western Alaska (all of about 150 miles apart) might be overcome.  "I would talk to you and tell you what I believe, and you would tell me what you believe.  And since it doesn't matter, since we're all the same, since there's really no right or wrong, then we can learn to get along."

A)  What if I believe there IS a right and a wrong?
B)  If you believe there's no right or wrong way to believe, do you really believe what you "believe"?

No comments:

Post a Comment