Sunday, November 25, 2012

Gettin' Me a New Daughter

Paul proposed.
Mandy said yes.
This is a marvelous thing!


When Paul and Mandy were here visiting last month, she left her jacket.  Paul always leaves things when he visits.  When I discovered the shipping costs for the jacket, and when I discovered that she had other jackets, I decided to just hang onto it and give it back to her next time we see her.  A week later, when I had to move the jacket off the ironing board, a wild and wacky thought occurred to me: "What if we wouldn't see her again?  What if they broke up?  Boy, it would be awkward to return the jacket then."  But then I consoled myself.  Breaking up?  What a silly notion!!

I recently bought little presents for all the daughters.  I bought one for Mandy too.  Presumptuous of me, I know.  But it's all good:  in less than a day, Paul called with the news.  Yee haw!!

5 comments:

  1. This is such a fun way to add kids to the family!!! Congratulations to all of you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! So happy for you all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am thrilled for Paul and Mandy, and you, and Gary, and well, the whole family!

    Signed,

    Tears of joy streaming down my cheeks

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations, all!

    Jane S.

    ReplyDelete
  5. EXCELLENT! I'm really happy for all of you. Such wonderful news.

    ReplyDelete