Friday, March 02, 2012

Still Getting Stuck

Shouldn't Christians overcome sin?

You'd think so.  We're not in favor of sin.  The Spirit dwells in us.  Shouldn't we just be done with it?  Maybe the problem is we're not trying hard enough.  Maybe there's another problem that we haven't figured out.  Maybe, if we could figure it out, we could take care of the problem.

My eyes are ever toward the Lord,
for He shall pluck my feet out of the net.  (Psalm 25:15)


"Shall"?  That a future-tense verb.  But the person praying the psalm is already a Christian who has lifted up his/our soul to the Lord.  Somehow, it appears that my Christian feet are going to get themselves tangled in the net, in spite the Lord's instructing me.  Even though I will become snarled in the mess, still He will pluck me out of it.

And where is our focus through all of this?  On my feet?  On my efforts?  On my obedience?  No.  My eyes are ever, always, perpetually, unrelentingly, toward the Lord.

Psssst:  And when my eyes go somewhere 
else, that seems to be when I am tripped up
 and have to be rescued.

No comments:

Post a Comment