Sunday, June 05, 2011

catch-all clutter

Andrew received his financial aid package from the college. His tuition will be covered, and he'll have plenty of money left over for books, commuting, and maybe even a little extra. Woo hoo!

Two years. "Thou wast their rock, their fortress and their might. Thou, Lord, their captain in the well-fought fight. Thou in the darkness drear their one true light. Alleluia!"

My kombucha is taking 2-3 weeks to brew. I don't have enough brew jars, so I started a triple-batch this morning to go with the standard five jars sitting on the brewing shelf. That ought to catch me up.

What's up, anyway, with these budgets the college financial-aid guys allow for the kids? The budget has $100/week for a student's spending money. I mean, I realize people need to buy socks or go to the doctor or other stuff like that. But $100/week? I think that's a lot of Friday-night pizza and beer....

I used to be a news junkie. Now I'm an ostrich with my head in the sand. Pastor Esget explained it perfectly.

There are gobs and gobs of itty-bitty green strawberries out there in the garden amongst all the pretty little strawberry flowers. Yummy! The cherry tree is loaded too. Another bunch o' yummy! (But when am I going to have time to pick them and put them up? Trying to stave off panic....)

We're going to a graduation party this after. It's for a young man at our old church. I just love spending time with this family!

Do you know that if you don't go to the grocery store for 3 or 4 weeks, you end up very very short of food? (I know, I know, you're stunned with my discovery....)

Catechism Olympics (for the final day of school at our congregation's academy) was Friday morning. Before work, I had time to enjoy watching about 30 minutes worth. What a blast!

Gary bought a couple of parts for the old lawnmower that we were considering junking in fall of 2009. He said it took him a couple of minutes to install the parts, and now the machine is running like a dream. Hooray for Mr Handy-man!

I worked with a floater yesterday (someone who "floats" from branch to branch, substituting for people on vacation or ill). We'd never worked together before, so we were getting to know each other. She's in the teacher-ed program at her college, so a very interesting conversation ensued when she learned I'd spent 25+ years homeschooling.

I'm not done typing, but the people I live with are asking me, "Are you ready yet? Are you ready to go?" so I think I shall hush and head off to a party.

(I miss blogging. My brain is overfull and I want to download into my pensieve.)

No comments:

Post a Comment