Tuesday, December 07, 2010

Not Bored!!!!

So Maggie comments on how there aren't that many days until Christmas, but still Christmas seems So Far Away because, y'know, she doesn't really have anything to do ...

... and ...

... uh ...

"No! I didn't mean that! I'm not bored! I have things to do! Yes! I do! It's just that it seems so far to Christmas, but .... uh .... REALLY! I AM NOT BORED!"



Around here, "I'm bored" is met with plenty of suggestions. There's a bathroom to clean, dishes to wash, and a myriad of other chores. The look on Maggie's face as she realized, mid-sentence, what she was saying to her mom ... priceless!

2 comments:

  1. I share your mirth. :-) "Bored" wasn't tolerated while I was growing up, either, though I don't recall feeling that way often, myself. I do remember my grandmother lecturing cousins on the subject, though. As an adult, I have at least three things to fill every minute of my time. In college I wished I could be "bored" just to have time to relax. Now I don't. I wouldn't trade my little ones for any amount of downtime in the world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was the same way in my house growing up! All moms are a little bit the same, aren't they?

    ReplyDelete