Saturday, December 05, 2009

Static on My Skirt

The Christmas party for Gary's workplace was today. I don't tend to enjoy those things -- too introverted. But last year and this year we had SO much fun because we were with one of the families from church whom I find totally delightful!

With cold dry weather, the static build-up between my coat and my dress was awful. As I was taking off my coat at the party, my hand got within 2" of Maggie's arm, and the zap of electricity was significant. Yikes! Creepy, clingy skirt! After chatting with some folks a bit, I had to excuse myself to the bathroom to find some water to knock same static out of my dress. Pam suggested hand lotion. She said a little hand lotion smeared on your hands, and then wiped lightly on the skirt, will do a good job of killing static. And oh man, oh man, it worked fabulously. My skirt hung softly ... until I put on my coat again and headed home. :-)

1 comment:

  1. Glad you had fun! Our church & school staff party is today. Phillip will be mixing up the rum punch. :-)

    ReplyDelete