Friday, April 24, 2009

Observations

There must be something on the Y-chromosone that drives a person to vacuum the vehicle before taking it on a trip. Those without Y-chromosones tend to think that the 1-hour trip to the friend's house isn't much different than a 15-minute trip to the grocery store. And a 5-hour trip to Grandma's isn't much different from a 1-hour trip to the friend's house. At least, not when it comes to vacuuming a van. (But, hey, if he wants to vacuum periodically, I'm thrilled! That's one less thing that I've left undone for far too long!)

The President wants to require the small-print on our credit-card bills to be in larger print. If he does, if he does require this, won't the companies need more paper for the larger print? Doesn't the use of more paper mean that more trees will suffer a needless death? Isn't it ungreen to require more paper being sent to us in our monthly bills?

When we checked into the hotel last night, I noticed a line on the charge-slip that said a complimentary copy of "USA Today" would be delivered to our room each morning. If we chose to refuse this service, our bill would be credited by 75 cents per day. I asked the clerk to clarify. "So we'll save 75 cents a day if we don't get charged for the paper that I wouldn't read anyway?" He assured me, "No, ma'am. The paper is free. You don't get charged anything for the paper." I pointed out that he would charge me 75 cents less per day for the room if I chose not to get the paper. "That's right, ma'am." I decided it wasn't worth figuring out. Just knock off the 75 cents per day and keep the paper you weren't charging me for.

Guess what? A paper showed up outside our door this morning anyway. I'm not eeeeven going to try to figure this out!

2 comments:

  1. Maybe she was not really answering your question. Sure, technically they don't charge for the paper. Maybe the charge is for delivering it. :P

    ReplyDelete