Saturday, December 22, 2007

HTML Code

Most of you won't care, but maybe Rachel and Katie might. It might help them on their recipe site. I found some code for things I want to type that aren't on my keyboard. Okay, so some of them are math, and the girls won't care about that. But, hey, they can humor me. They'll need SOME way to ask me questions via e-communication when they're teaching algebra to their kids someday.

First you type the ampersand and pound-sign (shift-7 and then shift-3) followed immediately by the number. And then, poof!, your sign magically appears it your blog.

162 is the cent sign ¢
169 is copyright ©
174 is trademark ®
180 is accent-mark ´

176 is degree °
188 is quarter ¼
189 is half ½
190 is three-quarters ¾

177 is plus-or-minus ±
178 is superscript 2 (squared) ²
179 is superscript 3 (cubed) ³
215 is multiplication ×
247 is division ÷


More symbols are available here.

2 comments:

  1. ASCII
    Very useful, but I've forgotten it since I stopped using the HigherThings chatroom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!! I've been wanting to know how to type these signs. Just never got around to looking them up myself.

    ReplyDelete