Thursday, March 01, 2007

International Tiara Day

Anthea told us about International Tiara Day, and we of course are weird enough to find that enticing. So Rachel bought some inexpensive tiaras this week for a few of us. They were a huge step up from a party-pack that you'd buy for an 8-yr-old's birthday party. But as one of her co-workers told her, if she's wearing a tiara, she should at least wear a tasteful one. (So that tells you what our tiaras were like. Not exactly like a homecoming queen's tiara.)

I couldn't bear to wear it at church this morning. Some places just aren't right for that kind of goofy fun. But I wore it driving to and from. And I did put it on at church and asked the guys to verify for me that I wore it (even if it was only for one minute). But then my munchkin spilled the beans to Rachel about my non-participation during the A.M., so I gues Rachel's not going to be checking up on me when she gets to church on Sunday morning after all, and the guys won't have to vouch for my tiara-ness.

My tiara lasted through the afternoon, until Maggie's covetousness got to her. She was wearing hers (a Christmas gift from Katie), and it kept slipping because of looseness. So we traded, and I got to wear the tiara with a tiny little pink boa attached.

So Anthea, I only got in five hours worth of tiara. But Maggie got in on the act too. And serendipitously, I got the cutest picture in the mail on Tuesday of my god-daughter and her sister, all gussied up: Lily in funky green glasses and Claire in [drumroll please...] a tiara!

3 comments:

  1. Yay!!! :)

    My last minute shopping spree netted me a teeny, tiny tiara, but alas it was all my 5 minutes could do! I'm so glad you and Maggie got in on the fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wasn't aware of international tiara day so I the tiara girl didn't wear one at all. ::sniff:: I have worn it at church (not during the service) and into the grocery before though so I feel justified. ;p

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, Anna, put next March 1 on your calendar. I'm sure Anthea will remind us to remind people who can then drag other people into this celebration.

    ReplyDelete