Thursday, February 15, 2007

Self-Cleaning Ovens

The sweet potatoes leaked sweet juice out of their foil-wraps today while they were baking. I could've left the oven sticky and messy, like I normally do. But for some reason, it crossed my mind that I could just set the self-cleaning cycle and let it run. Now I have a clean oven. But you know what was even better?!? The temperature in the kitchen was comfortable for the first time in more than two weeks. Four and a half hours of the oven turned on as hot as it goes. Ah, that was even better than getting the mess taken care of. I have to remember this scheme to get warmth: "I was just trying to be a good housekeeper" she says innocently, with no intention whatsoever of wasting propane and hugging the stove.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the reminder...I believe I have some of the same substance on the bottom of my stove, making it smoky whenever I bake.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, I guess that is what you get for "trying" to do good works ;-)

    A clean oven, and a warm kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, yeah. My oven *does* have feature like that. I may have to give that a try since I've felt like a popsicle for the past few days. (And of course my oven is a mess.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pr Stuckwisch the Ornery Stinker gets the award for providing the biggest laughs of the week!

    ReplyDelete